Wednesday, April 20, 2011

People Just Don't Care About Others Anymore!! - Girl Fight

Monday was a pretty normal day. I was asked if I can pick up a few extra kids at my son's Jr. High. As I was waiting for all the kids in the back parking lot near the park one of the kids getting into the car said "oh my GOD look there's a fight"! Sure enough just ahead about 10 ft away there was a bunch of kids flocking together. I told the kids to hurry and get in the car. I drove right up to the crowd with my hand pressed against the horn of my van. There must of been about 50 kids and half of them ran away, but there were about 20 kids still in a huddle. By now I could see what was going on, two girls were punching another girl and by this time she was on the ground. I put my van in park and I quickly jumped out and yelled to the kids in the crowd "hey you better stop this shit right now, because I don't think any of you want to fight me?!" All the kids ran away including the girls that where beating the other girl. I got back in my car and I saw the girl that was beat up limping and walking away. I called out to the girl and I said "hey come here, are you OK sweetie" and I put my hand on her shoulder. She said no and started to tear up and I started to tear up too. I told her to jump in my car and I would drive her to the other side of the school and take her to the office. Finally, a teacher got there and he said that he would take her to the office. As I looked around I noticed all the people including two teachers just standing around not doing a thing. I was appalled that no one stepped in to do anything, but me. I am just one women and there was others that could have stopped the fight before I even got there. One man was just standing right in the midst of the whole thing like it was a show. I took a risk stepping in like I did, but I am a mother and if things were in reverse and it was my child I would want someone to help them.

I dropped off all the kids and went back to the school to make a complaint about the two teachers that didn't do anything to stop the fight and to tell the principal how everything happened. He thanked me and said he wished there were more parents like me and that he would investigate the situation. What is wrong with people? Do they just not care about other people anymore? Are they so wrapped up in their own life to even bother? Or are they afraid of getting sewed? I want to hear from you, let me know how you feel about this subject?

Blessings Always - Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment